Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Premium
Year 7 catch up premium
Students that do not meet expected standard in KS2 reading and maths.
- English and Maths Year 7 Catch up plan 2019 20 1 1
- English and Maths Year 7 Catch up Review 2018 19 1
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 students who did not achieve expected standard in reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
All state-funded schools with year 7 students receive this funding, including:
- local-authority-maintained schools
- free schools
- local-authority-maintained special schools
- special academies
- special free schools
As a school we receive an additional £500 for each student in year 7 who did not achieve at expected standard in reading and/ or maths at the end of KS2.
The following data was used to determine how much funding our school should receive:
- The autumn school census.
- Provisional results from the national curriculum assessments at KS2.